Monday, December 12, 2011

Challenge Day 12 - Getting The Buzz



yoga buzz 18 up, 2 down
the high or elated feeling upon completion of a focused hatha yoga or meditation practice. the sensation that arises upon connecting with the oneness of the universe.


Like many things that we enjoy, a good feeling is associated with it...why else would we continue to do it.  I like to eat, drink, dance, have sex, do yoga.  I get personal feelings of joy from all of these things : )
Yoga, or any form of excersise you truly enjoy, can be addicting for this reason. (as can the things I listed above)  We become addicted not just to the action, but to the feelings we get from the action.
(to my *lifestyle* friends, this can be much like sub space, only you can still function)
<3


Now to take things a little further about me personally....
As a Feminist, I enjoy equal rights to men, but personally enjoy having a VERY strong male partner.  I would classify myself as a 1950's housewife type in many ways.  I enjoy domesticity and not having to make every decision for the household myself.  I also enjoy those feelings I get from making my partner happy : )
 (Like serving an amazing meal after a long day of work)

Since our daughter was born, my fiance has been VERY helpful around the house so that I could be on full time baby duty.  I appreciate the help so much, but truly miss some of the domestic things I was doing and miss the feelings that go with, just doing : ) 
 This is where I have found peace in yoga...I am happy to just be doing! 
I don't have to think or make a decision other than to get to class. 
 And I have the euphoric yoga buzz after that helps regulate me all day : ) 
 And then I get to come home to a smiling fiance who is proud of my determination and my blogging.....and the circle of peace and love goes round!

I am so excited to be making these changes and turning 32 this week : ) I am happy that my suggestions and concerns are heard at Yoga-Versity.  I am looking for more cardio and pilates, and they are looking into it, as well as a Zumba class : ) YAY!  I am excited that they would like to eventually do aerial/anti gravity yoga and have the slings to do it....YAY X2!!!


Unnata® Aerial Yoga (unnata, meaning "elevated" in Sanskrit) combines traditional mat yoga with postures suspended in a soft, fabric sling a few feet off the ground.  With the help of gravity and the fabric, we play, explore, and create space in our bodies with ease, as intended in traditional asana practice.  Without the compression of the joints and spine we can find a vibrant, unencumbered, and balanced expression of each pose. 

With the fabric as a learning tool, students often find "Aha!" moments that bring new life and understanding to poses they previously feared.  Participants often alternate between sling and mat to facilitate awareness of the body in all planes. Through Unnata Aerial Yoga the fascia unwind, the mind quiets, core-strength is built, and participants leave feeling whole... a wonderful complement to your mat practice!

This was taken from the MN Yoga Center site HERE

If I was going to be in Minneapolis anytime soon, I would SO be at these classes, but I am SUPER EXCITED for this to come to Yoga-Versity : )

With that being said, I leave you with a picture that is now on my Bucket List of things to do in life!
I can only aspire to one day, be somewhere nice and warm and do floating yoga without my ass toppling into the drink : )



Yoga Buzzing and Loving It
Charmaine
aka Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment