Thursday, December 15, 2011

Challenge Day 15 - Peace in Mind, Body and Spirit


Last night I attended Gentle yoga and it was WONDERFUL!  It was gentle, I was able to become one with the heat, release my mind, stretch, breath, focus and relax : ) 
This makes me a VERY happy lady!
As I thought more about it, the heat reminds me of my time attending Lakota Sioux Sweat Lodges.  I was blessed to be welcomed into Sacred Sweat by a Medicine Woman and her family.  I will treasure their ways, ceremonies and lessons of life and death for all time! 

I remember my very first Sweat.  It was so hot, I prayed for it to be over.  I prayed, I spoke in turn, I took part in the water and pipe.  I layed on the cool ground and sucked the cool air up into my lungs.  The heat was dry, but I sweat just as much as I did in THY the other night.  I recalled these events before Gentle Yoga last night, and took those feelings of spirituality and mindful focus into class with me.

I was able to feel my back loosen and shift into back bends. 
I enjoyed the Frog Pose, I could really feel a stretch in my back side : )

After yoga, I attended Pole Fitness and though I am not the most graceful, I did the routine and felt great.  A little sexy, a little spunky, but over all really good about myself.

After my positive body image seminar, I am SO wanting to do NAKED or UNDERGARMENT yoga.

  Maybe over Christmas break when things are slow??? 
Anyone else up for that : )
I want to feel free in my body and my movements and just embrace what I have to embrace !

Granted I look more like one of these ladies,
 so anyone else would have to be comfortable with my curves too!




And on that note, this weeks measurements:
Chest: 49 (sometimes 50, think this depends on what bra I am wearing)
Waist: 42 *same
Muffin top 43 1/2 *down 1/2
Hips: 53 *Down 1
Thigh: 29 3/4  *down 1/4
Bicep: 16 3/4 * down 1 1/4

Total inches lost: 3 : )

Going to miss yoga today (just didn't fit my schedule)
Excited for HPF tomorrow at 5:30am
Charmaine
aka Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment