Friday, December 2, 2011

A Little Side Trip


I wanted to take sometime to recap how this all started and what has changed so far in my life. 

First off, this all began with my good friend, Iris, talking about a wonderful book she had read called "Lessons from the Fat-O-Sphere" and how it made her feel better about being a Bigger girl and that dieting wasn't what it was cut out to be. 

Many of our girlfriends were feeling down about their bodies and weight gain, so in Oct. 2011, I decided to post one positive body image article or note, everyday for the month.  As I continued to post links and make positive body comments, I saw a gathering and my ideas for the Positive Body Image "Indulgence" Party was born. I have worked to get 3 great guest speakers; Deena, founder of Yoga-Versity, Lisa, representative of Essential Bodywear, and Darlene, the passion party lady : )

 INDULGENCE, because we need to indulge ourselves in feeling good about ourselves, in our clothes, out of our clothes, at home, work, in the gym and in the bedroom.  I have invited almost every woman I know, even those far away, just to spread the word.

I am so excited, and I am not gaining anything from this but time with my friends and listening to great speakers.  I have asked others to bring potluck, whether healthy or uber decadent.  This is a time for us GIRLS to just let loose and talk about all our body image issues and concerns, no judgement, ONLY support!

While preparing for this event, I decided to take my own routine a step further and started my yoga/fitness program.  I have cut soda out of my life almost completely, I only splurge with a can of Coca Cola once a week.  I have started cooking healthier at home to help with *our* combined weight issues and my fiance's high blood pressure.  I am now starting to cut my portions back a bit more than I preciously had.

I have researched the Weight Watchers Points and Points Plus plans, but I can't get all the info for free, so I have made an Excel spreadsheet to calculate my food points and try to stay within those and I don't find it all that difficult.  I am drinking more water!  I am not emotionally eating, and if I need to, I use popcorn...I get all the crunch and feeling of eating without packing in too many calories or fat.

So you ask, what has changed in just 2 weeks of hot yoga and pole fitness?????

Complexsion: My skin tone is evening
                     My face is less dry
                     My pores are more open and I look YOUNGER!

Muscle Tone: My calves and thighs are toning
                     My upper body is stronger
                     My core is more engaged

INCREASED Flexibility and Balance!!

Mood:  I have been really PMS'y lately, but the more I work out, the better I feel! 
            I feel good about myself and it shows
            I feel sexier and more confident and my sex drive is increased (as if that was possible...LOL)

Spirituality:  I feel more connected to myself and my beliefs, doing something for me has made such a change in the way I view myself spiritually : )

Mind:  I feel more focused in all areas of my life.  I am a multi-tasker regardless, but I feel more aware to everything going on and am able to keep up without stressing!

I purchased my Dec. Membership as my 32nd Birthday gift to me and this could be the best gift I have given myself!  I hope to see results and feel my absolute best on my wedding day : )

With Love,
Charmaine
aka Puddles

1 comment:

  1. Tuesday night I had decided not to go to yoga and after my daughter was asleep, sat down to a HUGE piece of red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting (MY FAVE) I ate it, enjoyed it and then handed the last 1/3 to my fiance and left for yoga : ) I was so happy I motivated myself!

    ReplyDelete