Monday, December 19, 2011

Challenge Day 19 - A Day of Humor and Reflection



Upward Facing Dog : )


Just a little humor for your day : )  I am taking today off, as I pushed myself yesterday and feel a little stiff, but will be doing a little home yoga tonight before I have dinner guests over.

I have to say that in the last 3 weeks, I am feeling more confindent in my own body.  I am more willing to try poses and other exercise, as I feel the added strength in my entire body can now handle it.  I am continuing to eat better, though I do need to drink MORE water.  I drink lots of water, but I know I should drink even more to help detoxify my body after yoga.  I still enjoy a few adult beverages a week, but am very mindful of what and how much, and drink lots of water afterward : )  I truly believe hungover HOT yoga would be the WORST experience ever, so I don't plan to ever do it!




Bear in Full Boat Pose

I had heard stories about this boat pose.  My fiance was in a weight training/lifting class his last semester of college.  He said you could tell who was there to work out and then the girls that were all dolled up to look good for the hunky grad student teacher : )  They supposedly had been at a yoga/pilates class and couldn't hold this pose.  My fiance said that the teacher (big bulky guy) proceeded to school these stick thin girls complaining that they just couldn't do it, by sitting down and just doing it.  My fiance said it was a moment to laugh : )  So last night I got up the courage to try it, and you know...I fall out of balance, but I can do it!


Kitty in Crow Pose

I have not yet tried any poses where my feet come off the ground, but maybe I should just to see if I can : )




Kitty in Half Moon Pose


Inner peace, I has!  
 Yesterday while pushing myself at yoga, I felt such a calm. 
 I felt so in love with my fiance, I was thankful for my wonderful family and my job! 
 I felt so much peace, though I had been very stressed lately. 
 I felt calm and a sense of ease, that things will work out without my worrying : )



And when times to get tough, REMEMBER TO BREATH!!!

Missing yoga, but looking forward to tomorrow : )
Charmaine
aka Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment