Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Challenge Day 20 - In the Zone


AH, HPF : )  After a day off I was SO ready for some yoga. 
Tonight, I was in the zone. 
I don't know when it happened, but my mind just shut off. 

Yoga-versity has been working to regulate the heat and humidity.  Tonight it wasn't bad, the heat felt right, it wasn't half as humid as it has been and I was looking to challenge myself. 
I looked at myself in the mirror with INTENT and went to it.
 I sat the lowest I ever have in Chair Pose, I re-adjusted my Downward Dog to get a better stretch, I lifted my legs higher if standing splitz.
And believe it or not,
 but I was able to hold the eagle * eagle on airplane*warrior 3*balancing stick* series.....
ACCOMPLISHMENT!
 Before I knew it class was over, I hadn't sweat half as much as I had in last weeks classes.
 ( I almost felt a little cheated, as if I hadn't challenged myself enough, but I felt GREAT) 
I am SO excited for THY tomorrow : )





Yoga has really helped me reconnect with my artistic/creative side.  My degree is in Photography and Art History, subjects I LOVE.  But I have been in corporate America for sometime, because I also love it.  Working with numbers all day, I tend to not always think with my creative mind.  I have a wedding coming up, and have helped to design my wedding dress, but to take it further.  I am thinking of works or art and ways to make my life more creative....a brainstorm I never saw coming.  And I am sure that being open to myself, my feelings, my wants, desires, body, etc. through yoga has helped me!

I would love to start a local yoga club, but I like to do things right, so I need to research that a bit : )

So excited for another day of yoga!

Zoning out,
Charmaine
aka Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment