Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Challenge Day 14 - The *REAL* Challenge Begins


To this point I have LOVED yoga!  Loved the warm room, loved the poses, my instructors, my yoga buddies.....SO MUCH LOVE!

Last night I went to my first THY class (1.5 hours) in the *new* extra hot room.  My goal was to survive, and since I am writing this today = GOAL MET!  But it was a challenge!!!

The heat at times felt almost too intense.  I struggled with my breathing, holding postures, light headedness, and a sick feeling during -camel pose- (not all that uncommon).  I was loathing the class about half way in, but was determined to finish.  I know I wasn't the only one in class struggling with the heat, and maybe that is why I didn't give up.  We struggled together and we made it : )  I felt GREAT after class, I had succeeded.  I had a bigger yoga buzz, my whole body tingled in final shavasana!  So I guess, like many things: the greater the challenge, the greater the reward : )



My sinuses felt SPECTACULAR after all the time in the humidity.  I wore an army issue, wicking shirt that was 2 shades darker when class was over...I could have wrung in out last night...SO SWEATY!!!
I don't mind sweating, I dislike the extra heat and how challenging the yoga is now that I get hot so fast.  But I refuse to give up or give in.  I will be at Gentle yoga tonight at 7:15...I really hope it is *gentle* cause I need it.  Tonight I need to take my measurements and I don't look forward to it.  I still love yoga, even if I sort of dread the heat now.  But I don't feel like I have lost inches and have not lost any weight as of last week, even though I am eating better, smaller portions and lots of water.  Regardless, I feel good, I enjoy my daily routine and I will stick to my 30 day challenge regardless of the hills I might have to climb.

I look forward to Christmas break, as I know the studio will be less full and hope to get some one on one time to learn more about yoga and to try some new things : )

Meeting my personal challenges head on!
Charmaine
aka Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment