Monday, December 26, 2011

Challenge Day 26 - Yoga Workshop


Bikram Yoga
26 postures at 105 degrees

I haven't gone into depth about the yoga itself, mostly because I know there is TONS of information out there that is better than anything I could say....and, I want you to GO to a yoga studio and ask YOUR questions : )  But, for a little info....here are some links







This picture (above) will correlate with the wikipedia definitions of the poses.
However, as I said before...doing your research isn't enough.  For your safety and knowledge, I suggest a workshop to anyone interested in yoga.   You get time with an instructor to learn about the purposes and benefits of each posture.  You are able to practice, you are coached on your alignment and are able to get modifications to enhance your yoga experience regardless of certain limitations you may have!

I really worked hard to go as far as I could in each posture.  I have a LONG way to go for some advanced poses.  I was able to get into standing bow on each side during the workshop.  I was also able to get into floor bow with a little help.  And with a modification that I had never thought of, I was able to take my rabbit pose (the try to kiss your ass goodbye pose,  I posted about very early on) to a new level!


During this workshop, I was coached on alignment and actually felt better stretches and more muscle engagement.  That is exciting for me, as I want to reap the stress relief benefits, as well as the physical and toning benefits of yoga!

This is my last week of the 30 day challenge.  I am so proud of myself for sticking to it, even on the hard days.  My fiance is proud of me and that makes a huge difference in my life : )  I am looking forward to this journey's end, only to start a new one which will hopefully include pilates, cardio and zumba!

Blessed !
Charmaine
aka Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment