Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Challenge Day 13 - When HOT gets HOTTER


Hot yoga = doing yoga in a room set at 105 degrees.
Sounds scary to beginners, I know I was scared, but it wasn't bad.  I enjoyed the heat.  I sweat a little bit.
Come to find out, the HVAC system wasn't up to par, and was blowing in cool dry air, so the humidifiers couldn't keep up.  THAT HAS BEEN FIXED!  Now Hot yoga, is SUPER HOT!  The temperature is the same, but the humidity is HIGH and I sweat my *metaphorical* balls off!  Holy Moly!!!

So I have *officially* lived up to my nickname: Puddles in yoga class!

I am positive there has to be a sweat puddle under my yoga mat at the end of class!

I find it funny that in that low light, with all that sweat on my skin, I feel like a tanned guido with too much tanning oil on....oh the things that pop in my mind sometimes.

Last nights yoga class was supposed to be Gentle, but was once again HPF.  And it happened to be the same class I took at 5:30 am, so I was a little disappointed.  Today is the Grand Opening of Yoga-Versity, so I hope these little glitches work themselves out soon.

Tonight is THY! 1.5 hours in that heat and humidity....I pray for my survival...LOL
I am excited to feel the success of making it at the end of class : )

I am coming down with a sinus cold and have found that these humid yoga sessions really help to clear my sinuses and make me feel so much better, just one more benefit to my health and well being!!





Battling sinuses with yoga,
Charmaine
aka Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment