Thursday, December 8, 2011

Challenge Day 8 - A look within


A whole week of the challenge has passed.  I haven't been able to make it everyday, but I still feel successful in the time I have put into this challenge. I have been sore in my shoulders and am taking today off to take care of some household things and try to let my shoulders rest a bit. Also, taking a break makes me miss yoga and I feel I push myself a bit harder at the next class : )

 If someone had told me a year ago that I would find a workout or fitness routine that I truly enjoyed and would strive to stick to it, I would have laughed.  Today, I wish I had found this earlier, but things happen for a reason and now is my time.

In a week of yoga, I feel stronger! Not just physically, but mentally, spiritually, ....in my heart.  Now that may sound odd to many, but they actually say you are opening your *heart's center* during poses and I feel it.  My capacity to care, to love, to be compassionate and understanding has grown : )   I have always been a very loving and  caring person, but I feel the Holiday season my heart has grown 2 sizes, just like the Grinch's...LOL 

 I feel this the most when getting up in the night with my daughter, it is easy to be frustrated and tired, but I sleep better now and I am so calm when I get up.  This small change makes such a difference to me, I enjoy feeling like a better mother more than anything!

I also feel a stronger connection with my fiance, I am able to communicate better and am able to problem solve in my everday life a little easier.




Right now, I wish I could get a cardio workout (that isn't SPIN) on top of my yoga routine.  I am not sure what I am looking for.  I would like to try Pilates and see if I like that.  I would like to try a cardio kickboxing or something along those lines.  I am hoping as time goes on, Yoga-versity will be able to diversify a little more.  My membership fee is more than your average gym, but I can't get yoga at a gym here and yoga is what I truly love.  I just wish I could get some cardio and things on top of that.




Looking forward to HPF at 5:30am tomorrow!

Charmaine
ake Puddles




No comments:

Post a Comment