Monday, December 5, 2011

Challenge Day 5 - Pushing through illness



*WATCH THE VIDEO : ) IT IS A HOOT!*


So, as I stated yesterday my fiance was so sick that I was unable to attend my THY (Traditional Hot Yoga) class.  Well, low and behold...I was sick by 3am.  I spent my day sipping gatorade and sleeping.  I got up around 2pm, showered, worked, got Avyn from daycare and took care of her until bed time.  Then I went to Gentle Yoga, I was feeling weak and stiff, but since my stomache was feeling better I pushed myself to go.  I did, however, cancel my Pole Fitness right after yoga, as I didn't want to push so hard I don't feel okay tomorrow.  ( I have big things to do tomorrow)


Tonight was my first class with Sam at Yoga-Versity.  I want to take a moment to say how much I *LOVE* the staff at Yoga-Versity!  Melanie, Marne, Deena, Paul, Darius.....LOVE THEM ALL!  No one has been judgemental of me or my size, everyone has been pleasant, fun, encouraging and AWESOME!


I really enjoy going to yoga in the evenings too, because the classes are less full and I feel like I can concentrate better on me and my energy.  Tonight, my goal was just to make it without feeling I needed to give up, since I was sick today.  Class was supposed to be Gentla Yoga, but when I got there is was a Hot Power Fusion class according to the overhead. 

Let me take a moment to talk about the classes.....at this time the yoga classes are not a set routine, nor am I sure they ever will be.  Just because you take Gentle Yoga, doesn't mean you will be doing the same gentle yoga routine at each class.  I enjoy this because since I don't know what is next, I am not worrying about it, I just focus and listen.  Also, it makes some classes challenging, since you aren't sure what you are going to get you may not be mentally prepared when you get something new.

So tonight I had prepared for Gentle Yoga, I internally freaked out a lil bit, when I heard the overhead say Hot Power Fusion.  This is because, the first yoga class I took back in November was a Hot Power Fusion and I have felt it was too fast and beyond my skill level.   But I took a deep breath and focused to do my best.  I only struggled a little, but I didn't feel it was too fast or even terribly over my skill level.

  When class was over, I was so pleased that I made it through the new routine and that my overall strength has increased : )

Tonight I struggled with the Warrior series of poses:
Warrior 1


Warrior 2


Warrior 3


Reverse Warrior

I struggled to hold the low lunge tonite.  I also struggled in the balancing part of the series when we went from EAGLE to Warrior 3 to Balancing Stick..holy moly.
Even though I fell out of my balancing poses a few times tonight, what matters is that I got back in them and really tried to stick it out....WITHOUT being down on myself for it.  Somedays you have it and somedays you won't, you just have to go with it.

Tomorrow morning is my first SPIN class and I am TERRIFIED!  I am excited to take something new, but worried I am going to over do it.  I will make sure to blog all about it : )

Until then.....

Ready for a good nights sleep,
Charmaine
aka Puddles

1 comment:

  1. You'll do awesome at spin!! Hope to see you at THY tues or thurs night! Proud of you! -marne

    ReplyDelete