Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Challenge Day 6 - Taking a SPIN

SPIN

So this morning (5:30am) was my first SPIN class.  Luckily, it was just Deena and myself, and we had a very easy, informal class to get me aquainted with the bike, the moves and to re-connect with my legs.  I took it easy, took small breaks as needed and drank water, but I wan't working half as hard as Deena and I was sweating my metaphorical balls off!

At times in the workout I thought I was submitting myself to the worst 45 minutes of torture I could think of....my legs hurt, my BIG ass hurt (small seats), I just overall felt out of shape.  I kept pushing, slowing down when I needed, stretching my calves a little bit and starting again.  I was told that SPIN would help me to train for my 5k, and that was motivation to keep working at it.

I still fear that I would not keep up AT ALL in a normal SPIN class, but I took my first class and that will lead to a second. ( I signed myself up for Thursday morning SPIN) I felt my first yoga class was beyond my skills, but I have kept it up and feel great about every class I attend now!
 My legs feel fine, however my butt is really sore, and really that just makes me giggle. : )

I was happy with the music that Deena played, it was music I normally enjoy and because when I was able to get out of my head a bit, I could focus on the music and push harder.  Now I need to figure out how to stay in that mind for longer periods of time, to help control my workout and get more from it.

I feel I would have greatly benefitted from doing yoga right after the SPIN class to stretch my leg muscles a bit more, but since I had to miss THY on Sunday and Pole Fitness last night, I have signed up for THY tonight at 6:45pm to try and keep my muscles feelings good.
I currently have some tightness in my shoulders that I feel could be from getting used to the
Downward Facing Dog pose.

SO, first Spin class....overall....SUCCESS...I mean I did it, right !?
Since yoga is a 10 for me and pole is an 8, I would have to give SPIN a 6 in how much I enjoy it, but after a few more classes, maybe that will go up.  Either way, it was a great cardio workout that didn't make my breasts suffer from bouncing all over the place : )

Level 1 SPIN complete,
Charmaine
aka Puddles

No comments:

Post a Comment